Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Jeff turns 25!

Amidst the craziness occurring in our lives right now (I really had no idea how many phone calls I'd have to make after purchasing a house...that was naive) I attempted to throw my boyfriend a surprise 25th birthday party. While I don't think it was too much of a surprise, as several of us kind of gave away the "surprise" part of it all, I think a fun time was had by all who stopped by to celebrate Jeff's birthday. I got to try out a few new recipes - I tried cucumber cups stuffed with spicy crab and a nacho bean dip, which everyone really seemed to enjoy. I think I'll probably make the bean dip again. Thank you Pinterest!

I think it will probably be the last time I try and throw a 'surprise' anything, since I have such a hard time keeping secrets when I get really excited. At least when it comes to Jeff, since I'm really bad at hiding my feelings from him. I'm sure knew a good chunk of what was going on all along just from reading the emotions on my face when I tried to be sneaky about his party. He's just so hard to surprise! Also, the suspense was probably ruined when Jeff arrived for the party (where people were just supposed to drop-in so he wouldn't see a bunch of cars in the drive-way and also so people could come and go as they pleased) and my dad asked me in front of Jeff "is Jeff supposed to be here yet?" Oh man!

Oh well, with planning a party out of the way I can focus on getting rid of things Jeff and I won't need at our new house and on packing, which I have not even started to do yet. Not to mention job-hunting, which has not been going the greatest. Since talking about it only makes me feel bad, and since absolutely everyone asks me about it, I don't think I'll touch upon it too much here.

I keep meaning to take 'glamour shots' of our apartment so I can always remember the first home we lived in together, and in typical fashion, I keep putting it off. But not any more! This week I will (hopefully) get things accomplished! There are only 17 days left until we get possession! 

Birthday boy! Such a cheesy photo, but I love it

No comments:

Post a Comment