Monday, May 21, 2012

I`m a home-owner!

I am a proud first-time home owner!! My boyfriend and I recently decided to take our cohabitation to a whole new level and make the commitment of home ownership together. After a few months of searching, we fell completely in love with a beautiful little home about 10 minutes east of the city. For a starter home, it`s in fairly good shape. There are a few odd cosmetic choices here and there - the one textured wall in the master bedroom for example - that I`m not totally in love with, but I`m told that you have to accept quirky things when you buy your first house. We go through it one final time next week for our home inspection!

I know the timing could certainly be better, I`m graduating in just a few short weeks and I have yet to find a job. Whew, the pressure is definitely on for me to find one! That aside, sometimes the best things in life happen to you when you least expect them or when they seem to happen to you a little too quickly. Case in point: I was only eighteen when I fell in love with my boyfriend, and I know that there were people that said I was probably too young to know if it was really love, or that I shouldn`t get so serious about a boy at that age, and here I am, three years later (pretty much) and more in love than ever. I know that the road ahead will be difficult, and we`ll have to put a lot of ourselves into the house for the next few years, but I really could not be more excited. The dreamer in me keeps reminding me that this will be the house that I live in as a newlywed, the house my child(ren) will take their first steps in, and the house that will hold so many memories for me in the years to come.

With that said, I have got my work cut out for me in the upcoming weeks! The sellers had a really motivated closing date, so we`ll be moving in about a month and a half. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas in November, when it seems like Christmas is so far away, when in reality it is just around the corner!!

This will be our home sweet home on July 13th! Can`t wait!

2 comments:

  1. Saw that you follow my blog. I love your format and subject matter. Great starter home and great starter blog. Thanks for reading mine! Keep up the good work! DP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well colour me flattered! Thank you so much for taking some time to read my blog; I must confess I read your blog every week, and I always look forward to laughing at a particularly sarcastic or witty remark made about the Bachelor/Bachelorette!

      Delete