Friday, December 30, 2011

Living Room/Bedroom Redecorating

As my boyfriend Jeff and I move on from our distinct "college/university" collection of eclectic and unmatching pieces of furniture we've collected, to something a little more classy (and something that isn't green leather from the nineties!), we also decided to do a little painting. We live in a high-rise apartment where everything - the walls, the floor, the cabinets, the doors - is beige. A really bland, boring, beige. They even painted all the trim and baseboards the same colour. I guess there must have been a sale on that particular colour of paint! To really shake things up a bit, we decided to go really bold. Chocolate brown kind of bold. It actually looks like we melted a bowl of chocolate and smeared it all over the walls with a paintbrush. I guess it's a good thing we're only doing the one wall since it's a dark colour and because we're just renting at this point. A person just gets tired of beige after a while. I sure hope it all turns out! I decided to post some 'before' pictures... so no judging us by the mess!

Living room wall. 

An apartment in shambles. Definitely a 'before' shot. 

The bedroom - before. It's just a feature wall....for now! Soon to be painted. 
Wall painted - first coat. And my boyfriend :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment