Sunday, September 15, 2013

101 in 1001 Update #11

Wow I can't believe it's September already.

I'm not really sure where the summer went! It just blows my mind to think that next summer I'll be getting married. I've still got a ton to do, and despite already having been engaged for a year now, I'm not that far ahead when it comes to wedding planning. Oh well, I'm not going to freak out about it for another few months. Then the craziness can begin.

I am happy to say that we had our engagement pictures taken by the lovely Heather from HRM Photography and I'm very pleased with how they turned out.

I love this guy
To be honest, I can't really recap the past month since it passed by in such a rush. I know I got my bridesmaid's dresses sorted, I know I nailed down a few accessories for my bridal outfit, I know I met with our minister, but it's all sort of a blur. I'm hoping that time will slow down a little bit now, and that I'll actually get to put in some time not only with the cool DIY projects I have planned for the spare bedroom (so I can finally do my first project reveal) but also so I can work on some of the customized things I have planned for the wedding.

I'm actually really happy it's September. I just love fall, it's probably my favorite season. I love the leaves, the crisp smell of the air, the lack of bugs, cool breezes, apples...I could go on, but I'll stop there. All of my nesting instincts kick in when the rush of summer is over, and suddenly I want to cook and bake, decorate, and get ready for Christmas!

Completed Goals:
2. Get my hair cut and highlighted (2/2)
14. Go one week without eating dessert for four weeks (4/4) - I did it! I'm pretty relieved to have accomplished this one, since I'm planning on making an apple crisp later on today
25. Plant a garden in my backyard and maintain it throughout the summer - I grew one cucumber, which I picked yesterday, and I am going to count this as a very small success, since for a while there it looked like we were not going to get any cucumbers! 
26. Grow and use three varieties of herbs (3/3) - I grew lemon thyme and lemongrass this summer, and managed not to kill them. I'm going to plant them in the ground, and hope that they survive the winter, since they're apparently perennials
69. Get engagement shots done (2/2) - I'm actually relieved to have this crossed off my list, I'd much rather be behind a lens than in front of one
70. Book a minister - the next step is to take a pre-marriage course of some kind, I'm actually (strangely) looking forward to it 

Goals I'm Working On: 
6. Go for a run/bike ride every week, weather permitting (48/143)
13. Eat a vegetarian meal once a week for three months (8/12)
32. Learn how to sew - I don't think this is ever going to be something I'm good at, but I hemmed a pant leg yesterday, with some of the messiest stitches I've ever seen
48. Go on one date night a month (10/32) - we went to the Western Fair, and I had SO MUCH FUN! I've never played fair games before, and Jeff kept laughing at me because I kept jumping up and down in pure excitement
49. Take a picture of Jeff and I once a month (10/32) - engagement pictures count, right? 



Completed Goals: 29/101

No comments:

Post a Comment