Thursday, September 13, 2012

Home Update #2

Unbelievably, Jeff and I have lived in our house for exactly two months now, so I thought it would be fitting to blog about the progress we've been making, just as I did a month ago. I have some pictures of the master bedroom and the basement to share here today. Just two rooms, which may seem so inconsequential, but completing jobs like this seems to take forever!

Still to do on my list is to finally paint the hallways (I keep putting that one off), finish painting the stair railings, decorate and organize the office and the guest bedroom, and to finish hanging up our artwork throughout the house. Our list of outside jobs is much longer - we have to do some things to our deck, seal up some bricks, clean out the eaves-troughs, plant some bulbs, and re-silicone the windows and doors. We did complete a major project in our side yard - we dug out a trench leading from the side of the house out through the garden in an attempt to drain water away from our house, since we had a small leak in our basement a few weeks ago. It was a LOT of work, and I want to say thanks to Jeff's dad and to Jeff's friend Jay for helping us dig!! We couldn't have done it without your help!

As usual, I'll provide before and after pictures of the progress made. The biggest thing we've really done besides paint is to re-drywall one of the walls in the bedroom, so I'll include a picture which should explain why we decided to do that. Jeff also built me a custom closet organizer, which I'm extremely happy with, so I will share a photo of that as well. I'm loving home ownership so far, even though it's a lot of work!

In other news, Jeff and I have set a wedding date. :) We have decided to 'make it official' on August 2, 2014! It's probably the most concrete wedding-planning type of thing we have done thus far, other than me nailing down my bridal party. A lot of people have asked me why we're waiting so long, and the answer to that question is both really simple and also a very long story to tell. We're taking two years to reduce stress, be ok financially (since we sort of made a really big purchase already this year haha), be sentimental, and to give ourselves lots of time to plan. The planning part sort of goes hand-in-hand with reducing stress. And so far it's true - the wedding hasn't stressed me out at all so far! Sentimentally, the date is really important to us. Because that day will mark exactly five years that Jeff and I have been together! We had our first date on August 2, 2009 and I'm super excited to marry him exactly five years from that amazing first date!

Bedroom - before
Textured wall - this wall was to the right of the window, and it was the only one  textured like this, so we fixed it 
During renovations
After - my finished closet! I have two bars, and plenty of shelves to  use! Good job Jeff!
After - textured wall
After - we painted, dry-walled, and decorated this space, and I still have a little decorating to do!
Basement - before 
Basement - after: we painted the walls and window trim (it was wood-colored), put up new blinds, and decorated.
My new wall collage :) 
  I still have a little more decorating to do!


No comments:

Post a Comment