Monday, August 13, 2012

One Month In...

It has been exactly one month since Jeff and I have moved into our house!! (And also exactly one month since we got engaged, I'm not sure which event is more exciting.) With that said, I thought it was about time that I posted a few pictures of the progress we've been making. I'm only going to post pictures of the first floor and the exterior today though. I was hoping to post some photos of the basement, the bathroom, and master bedroom as well, but a minor flood in the basement, some funky bathroom wiring, and a mostly (but not completely) finished closet customization job in the master bedroom are preventing me from fully completing these rooms.  I'm hoping these jobs will be finished this week, so I'll try and have some pictures of these rooms up soon. I'll share some of my 'before' pictures today too, which I took the day we moved in so I can look back and compare what was originally here to the changes we have made and will make in the future.

We have made amazing progress in four weeks - as mentioned in the last post, we've painted almost the entire house, mudded, taped, and dry-walled in the bedroom, Jeff built me some custom storage in the closet in the master bedroom, and we have now cleaned out all our downspouts. I still have to paint the hallways and some trim, both of which will hopefully be completed this week as well!

With that said, let me introduce you to our house!

Our house :) 
Living Room - before
Kitchen/Dining Room - before
Kitchen - before
Backyard
Kitchen/Dining Room - after - we painted, hung a photo, and added new curtains 
Kitchen - after - we painted, and changed out the light fixture
Wall across from kitchen window - we added these cool dragonflies
Living room - after - we painted, put up a wall sticker, and put up new curtains (still have more art to hang)
Living Room - we decorated the built-ins (still have to hang the photo that's on the bookcase)

No comments:

Post a Comment