Friday, July 06, 2012

Goodbye Apt. #909...

Well, it's t-minus seven days until we get possession of our house, so the countdown is officially on! I will definitely miss our apartment here, and I'm actually really sad when I think about leaving. As much as I am beyond excited for Jeff and I to move to a new house and start making new memories, I'm so attached to this building and its location. Everyone is so nice here, our apartment is really comfortable, and it's just minutes to everything here in London. I know that this sort of attachment is pretty normal, but I've never been attached to any place that wasn't my parents' house before. Not residence, or the first apartment that I lived in (although it was very nice) held very sentimental memories for me, so this is a pretty bittersweet feeling.

Things I will miss: not having to pay for utilities (I was able to run the A/C as much as I wanted at any time of the year), being a 5-minute walk away from the grocery store, being close to Western, the public pool in the summer, underground parking (I will now have to shovel snow off my car!), less stress/bills, our extremely large master bedroom, the view from our balcony at night, and probably just how comfortable we are here.

Things I will not miss: not having any storage space, not being able to control the temperature (they run the heat until mid-May here), not having a yard or a bbq, the tiny fridge, having to pay to do my laundry, being pretty far away from our families, and not really being able to paint anything (although I did paint some walls anyway).

I finally got around to taking my 'glamour shots' of our apartment here, and I'm really glad that I did. Years down the road I can look at them and remember the first place that Jeff and I lived in together, and I thought I would share a few of them here.

Goodbye #909! Thanks for being so good to us!

Apt. #909! 
Living room



Lovely balcony view - I saw some great sunsets from here
Kissing salt shakers
Jeff's John Deere piggy bank and my Dutch Shoe piggy bank
Bathroom

Our massive master bedroom

Sadly, this is 'clean' - it really will be nice to have storage at our house
Cluttered kitchen - again, yay for gaining storage! 


We'll miss you! 


No comments:

Post a Comment