Friday, February 03, 2012

Time

Today I was thinking about time - how fast time flies by when you aren't keeping track of it. One minute, you're eighteen years old, carefree; just a girl on a golf course serving beer and various other beverages to hot and sweaty golfers. You're just going about your life, and then you meet a boy, and suddenly it's been two and a half years and you're still together, more in love than you've ever been before. Yes, yesterday my boyfriend and I surpassed that small milestone. I remember, in the beginning, how I used to keep track every month that we'd been together. That changed to keeping track every six months, then every year. Which is why, yesterday, I only remembered it was precisely two and a half years because my boyfriend reminded me. And I started wondering why I hadn't noticed. Today, I think I realized why that was. In the beginning, when I wasn't sure of our future, I think I wanted to celebrate each milestone because I wasn't sure how many more I'd get to have with Jeff. But now, I guess we're so sure of each other that it doesn't seem as necessary to celebrate. I kinda like it. The milestones I'm excited to celebrate now just seem so much bigger, like when we moved in together. 

I'm in love. It's as simple and wonderful as that. I'm so in love, it's kind of ridiculous. 

I hope it's always this way.


No comments:

Post a Comment